Monday, January 26, 2015

Dan the Mailman....

I love giving gifts! especially thoughtful ones! I guess you could say it's one of my "love languages" if you've ever read that book. So I had this bright idea to give something to our mailman. I made some cookies (which is rare) and put them in a pretty little tin and note that said "Thank you to our mailman." I thought it was the best idea ever!

As I tell Kyle about it he says, "Babe, really? he's not going to eat those cookies. That's just weird." Crushed, I realized he was probably right. You can't trust people anymore. It's like Halloween candy. So my thoughtful gift was kind of a joke. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

A couple days later, I forgot about it until I checked the mail. There were several cards in there from grandparents and friends. Then I came read a card that was addressed to us, with a stamp, and said from "Dan the mailman". I smiled to myself and thought, no way. Dan the mailman can't be real!

Sure enough, "Dan the mailman" really enjoyed the "delicious cookies" and appreciated the note. His card was a legit Christmas card too. I was amazed! It really made my day! We actually have never met Dan the mailman in person because we are never home when he delivers the mail and our mailbox is 1 of 4 farther down the street, since we live in a duplex. But it was just so neat that he wrote us a card and wished us Merry Christmas. I felt like The Elf, spreading Christmas cheer.

So I think from now on I will make cookies for the mailmen that serve us. Whether he eats them or not!

P.S. No Kyle is not a scrooge. He put the Christmas card on our frig with everyone else's! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment