Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentines Day Date

I don't think anyone in the world could beat my husband at being romantic, sweet and very, very, very sentimental. Seriously, he would flip if I got rid of his football cards or a random items from his childhood. I, on the other hand, didn't realize I was so cold hearted until I married my husband. I barely remember the dates we met, went on our first date, things like that, but he does. It's a good thing I married him. I do love Valentines Day because it was around this time of year we went on our first date. The Valentines Banquet 2012.


The most ironic things about this "first date" was that we did not know each other well. I won't get into all the gushy details of our story but it was a very sweet date. He didn't want to be too forward by giving me flowers so he gave me chocolates from my favorite coffee & chocolate shop. (and shall I mention he waited 20 minutes for me to finish getting ready. In the freezing cold)
Yep. He's a keeper.

Forgive me for reminiscing, but I can't help it. 

Thankfully, he's still as sweet as he was then, possibly more. 
 
This year's Valentines Day.....

.....he surprised me by making me breakfast in bed. 




He even did the dishes...




He worked diligently on this little hutch we bought at a yard sale. I wanted a back piece on it so what did he do? Mr. Fix-it put a back piece on it.




Isn't it charming?

As if he hadn't already out-did himself, he made the evening extra special by telling me to put on a dress and heals (which I love doing) and taking me out to dinner.




He even washed the car for this little outing. ;-)

After a wonderful steak dinner, he faked "going to the men's room" and came back with a gift bag. He said "I've never gotten you one of these before". I'm thinking oh boy, what is it. 




A necklace. >>insert awwwwww<<

That's right folks, I've got a keeper. 








No comments:

Post a Comment