Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A few little changes......

So here we are in October already. Hard to believe it's even been 2 months since I've posted last. We've been very, very busy. We can't even keep up with all that is going on. Here's just a little about what we've been up to.

From Rhode Island to Connecticut. 

Taking a walk through the park in Westerly, RI.
Yes, I know, we moved again.  Only this time it wasn't 500 miles just about 17 miles. We moved into the church "intern"house which is the only thing I can think of to call it. Our assistant pastor and his family lived there for 4 years until their family grew too large and they decided to buy a house! It is literally 15 seconds away from the church which makes is so easy for me to teach piano lessons there!
It's also quite a bit larger than the small apartment in RI that we were temporarily residing. I do miss the beautiful park down the road I used to go jogging in and the cute little coffee shop around the corner in Westerly . But most of our things were in storage  while we were there so it's been like Christmas being able to unpack our things. It has been a huge sigh of relief for me just to be able to throw all the cardboard boxes away. I feel like I have my life back now. : o )



Junk n' Java in Westerly, RI. 
Moving 3 times in three months was not what I had envisioned for our move to New England to be like but obviously it's what the Lord had for us and we got through it. We're so very thankful for friends and  our church family here who have supported us and helped us a long the way. I'm not sure what we would've done without them.












A New Purchase

Nellie the Nissan
We also have an unexpected blessing. No, we are not in the family way but something almost as exciting! We bought a car! Well, an SUV actually. I posted before how I sold my car in TN so
we only had one car but I was borrowing Daniel's, Kyle's good buddy, car for the last 4 months. We were very thankful I had a way to get around especially with Kyle working so far away but we knew we would need to invest in something our own soon. We starting looking for an SUV because I had always wanted a SUV-crossover type vehicle but we could not find anything within our budget. We picked through craigslist and visited a couple dealerships for over a month and nothing really seemed right. I was really beginning to think we should just get an old beater car again and just made do! I was so tired of looking! BUT. Then. I found this nice SUV for sale on Craigslist from the original owner who had just updated his wife's car and needed to sell this one. It had everything we were looking for even the sunroof! (and the keyless entry which I've never owned a car new enough to have one of these!)

Kyle likes the sunroof too!
Making a little victory stop after hours at the DMV!


We bought the thing and are really enjoying it! The Lord truly provided as it was quite a bit below our estimated budget as well! I remember during the process of looking I would think "Why am I being so picky?" because there were some cars that would have been fine but either they didn't have what I wanted or they were way too expensive. I am glad now that God gave us wisdom to know that we don't have to settle for 2nd best but can be patient for God to give us what we need AND what we would LIKE to have. God always knows best.

Next, I will post an update on some ministry opportunities and the house after we get unpacked! We also had my (Kristy) family come into town so we'll show some pictures of that too!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment